About Me

My photo
I see nature in various forms and each time it looks different from the multitude of variations I have seen before. It is a whole new view, an interesting panorama of life around us.

April 01, 2008

Life being married...

It's been awfully long since I wrote on my blog...and I've been missing it a lot. 2007 just whizzed by which normally means a lot of fun time. Being married is a big change in life - one has to share one's life with a spouse. No matter how much love there is in between the two, it is an upward climb easing itself as you take it on steadily.

In our culture, marriages are not just between individuals - it involves the association and mingling of the families the individuals come from. So it's a grander and slightly complicated affair. And trust me, no matter who you are, what you do for a living and how good your bank balance looks, you really can't be prepared for this (may be the bank balance can get you off the hook a few times by bribing troublesome relatives/in-laws). It is an interesting experience where love and patience have to be harvested to reap the crop of affection and respect as time goes by (although I'm still an amateur).

Personally, if you are good at math you can solve the puzzle of marriage easily. I say this because at any time, it is always a question of priorities. If this is comprehended, there cannot be many hurdles in this relationship. The other key thing is being truthful to yourself and your spouse.

Family is a great thing and it is easy to understand why, when you have your own. It is a huge responsibility nonetheless but I honestly think it is worth the time and effort! What is life without someone to love and a whole group of people to have a good time?

Stay tuned...

No comments: